The Metric System is a universal measurement system based on the number 10. The main categories of measurement are: meter, liter, and gram. The meter is a distance value, the liter refers to the volume, and the gram is a mass value. Using the value (meter, liter, or gram) as the center, they can be subdivided into smaller units by using one of the six prefixes placed before them (see the table below). If one wants to change a higher value into a smaller one, move the decimal point to the right. If one wants to change a smaller value to a larger one move the decimal point to the left.
Triple Beam Balance
Convert the following values by moving the decimal point the correct number of spaces in the right direction .
1. 23.5 M = ______________cm.
2. 134.56 mm. = ____________ M
3. 98.43 L = _____________ ml.
4. 345.34 Km = ____________ dm.
5. 34 g. = _____________ Kg.
6. 123.43 cg. = ___________Hg.
7. 32.5 L. = ____________ml.
8. 456.3 g. = _____________ cg.
9. 3908.3 Kl. = _____________ ml.
10. 0.0045 Dg. = ___________ cg.
11. What metric value is the above cylinder divided into? _________________.
12. What is the value that the above balance can measure in? _________________.